3. Gaffari MH, Khafipour E, and Steele MA. 2017. Systems biology and ruminal acidosis, p. x-y. In Ametaj BN (ed.), Periparturient diseases of dairy cows: A system biology approach., 1st ed. SpringerNature. In press.
2. Yang C, Khafipour E, Gong J. 2017. Molecular and omics techniques for studying gut microbiota relevant to food animal production, p. x-y. In Sheikha AFE, Xu J and Levin R (ed.), Molecular techniques in food biology: safety, biotechnology, authenticity and traceability., 1st ed. Wiley, Oxford, UK. In press.
1. Krause DO, and Khafipour E. 2010. The Fecal Environment-The Gut, p. 1-21. In M. Sadowsky, R. Whitman (ed.), The Fecal Indicator Bacteria., 1st ed. ASM Press. Washington, D.C. doi: 10.1128/9781555816865.ch1.
Full Conference Papers
12. Farenhorst A, Ross W, Mi R, Patidar R, Amarawansha G, Anderson K, Khafipour E and Kumar A. 2018. The NSERC CREATE H2O program on first nations water and sanitation security: case studies on drinking water quality. SETAC Europe 28th Annual Meeting, Rome, Italy, May 13–17.
11. Plaizier JC‡, Derakhshani H, and Khafipour E‡. 2017. Modifying gut microbiota to enhance gut health in dairy cows. 5th International Symposium on Dairy Cow Nutrition and Milk Quality, Beijing, China, May.
10. Khafipour E†, Moossavi S, Tun HM, Li S, Derakhshani H, Sepehri S, Munyaka P, Azad E, Kiarie E, Scott M, Nyachoti CM, Ghia JE, and Plaizier JC. 2015. Gut microbiota ecosystem engineering: toward synthesized microbial communities to enhance human and animal health and digestion. Western Nutrition Conference, Winnipeg, MB, Canada, Sep 29-30.
9. Jordaan EM, Derakhshani H, Khafipour E, and Çiçek N†. 2015. The effect of copper sulfate addition on the performance of an anaerobic digester treating dairy manure. American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE) Annual International Meeting, New Orleans, LO, Jul 26-29.
8. Plaizier JC†, Li SC, Gozho GN, Danscher AM, Khafipour E, Penner G, and Andersen PH. 2015. Impacts of ruminal acidosis on animal health and performance. 4th International Symposium on Dairy Cow Nutrition and Milk Quality, Beijing, China, May 11-13.
7. Plaizier JC†, Li S, Gozho GN, and Khafipour E. 2014. Minimizing the risk for rumen acidosis. Tri-State Dairy Nutrition Conference, Fort Wayne, Indiana, Apr 14-16.
6. Plaizier JC†, Li S, Gozho GN, Danscher AM, Khafipour E, Penner G, and Andersen PH. 2014. Impacts of Ruminal Acidosis on Animal Health and Performance. 28th Discovery Conference: Starch for Ruminants, Naperville, IL, Oct 6-9.
5. Plaizier JC†, Li S, Danscher AM, Anderson PH, Gozho GN, and Khafipour E. 2013. Rumen acidosis: Mechanisims and future implications. 3rd International Symposium on Dairy Cow Nutrition and Milk Quality, Beijing, China, May 11-13.
4. Khafipour E†, Wang Y, Li S, and Plaizier JC. 2013. Application of next generation sequencing technologies for identification of new probiotic targets for ruminants. 3rd International Symposium on Dairy Cow Nutrition and Milk Quality, Beijing, China, May 11-13.
3. Kiarie E, Scott M, Krause DO, Khazanehei HR, Khafipour E, and Nyachoti CM†. 2012. Interactions of Saccharomyces cerevisiae fermentation product and in-feed antibiotic on gastrointestinal and immunological responses in piglets challenged with E. coli K88+. J. Anim. Sci. 90 (Suppl4):1-3
2. Li R, Khafipour E‡, Krause DO, Entz MH, and de Kievit TR, Fernando WGD‡. 2011. Pyrosequencing reveals the influence of organic and conventional farming systems on beneficial bacterial communities to plant health. Joint Meeting of the American Phytopathological Society and International Association for the Plant Protection Sciences, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, Aug 6-10.
1. Plaizier JC†, Li S, Khafipour E, Krause DO. 2010. New issues in understanding acidosis in dairy cattle. Western Nutrition Conference. Proc. 31th Western Nutrition Conference, Saskatoon, SK, Sep 21-23, p 123-137.
4. Azad E, McAllister T, Forester R, Acharya S, and Khafipour E†. 2015. Rumen Microbes and Bloat. Canadian Cattleman. Fall.
3. Tun HM, Donogh JC, Meakin D, and Khafipour E†. 2015. Manitoba’s PEDv research supports local industry: Survivability and infectivity of PEDv in infected manure storage lagoons. Western Hog Journal, Spring.
2. Derakhshani H, Rawluk C, Plaizier JC, and Khafipour E†. 2014. New microbiome research for tackling mastitis on Manitoba dairy farms. Milkline, Oct/Nov.
1. Plaizier JC†, Li S, Khafipour E, Gakhar N, and Krause DO. 2009. Finding a better way. The Milk Producer. 85(6): 36-39.